Skip to main content

Payments for work or service are subject to multiple State & Federal laws which are constantly changing. Before agreeing to pay anyone, even if you have paid them in the past, you must double-check with the department manager to ensure that payment is possible. The department cannot guarantee payments if you have not discussed the arrangement with the manager prior to agreeing to pay the person.

Documentation needed for:

Domestic    Foreign

Before bringing a speaker to campus, make sure you have the necessary funds to pay for your guest speaker’s visit. If you need additional funding for your event, fill out the Sponsored Events Funding Request Form.

Airfare can be purchased for a speaker prior to their event.  In order to do this, all documentation needs to be uploaded at least 4 weeks before the event, due to administrative processing times and seat availability.  Alternatively, the speaker is welcomed to purchase her/his own ticket and be reimbursed after the event.

The Independent Contractor Form must be approved by central accounting before the Guest Speaker can begin his/her service; otherwise, the University cannot guarantee payment. These forms must be uploaded at least 3 weeks prior to the event start date to allow time for approval and to prevent any delays in payment.