ROMS Diversity, Inclusivity and Equity Resources
The Committee for Diversity, Inclusivity and Equity invites staff, faculty and graduate students in the department to share ideas with the committee.
Ideas for events and conversation topics, titles of books or articles about diversity, links to websites, info-graphics etc, diversity-related topics for our bi-monthly email, all is welcome, and will be included in the committee’s considerations for future diversity initiatives and communications.
Use the button below to submit your contributions.
Books, articles, pod-casts and handouts
- Ahmad, Sara. On Being Included. Racism and Diversity in Institutional life. Duke University Press, 2012.
- Cuyjet, Michael J., et al. Multiculturalism on Campus. Theory, Models, and Practices for Understanding Diversity and Creating Inclusion. Stylus Publishing, LLC, 2016.
- Nacoste, Rupert W.. Taking on Diversity. How We Can Move from Anxiety to Respect. A Diversity Doctor’s Best Lessons from the Campus. Prometheus Books, 2015.
- Zambrana, Ruth Enid. Toxic Ivory Towers. The Consequences of Work Stress on Underrepresented Minority Faculty. Rutgers University Press, 2018.
- Kapur, Geeta J. To Drink From the Well: The Struggle for Racial Equality at the Nation’s Oldest Public University. Blair, 2021.
- Gender Pronouns Can Be Tricky on Campus. Harvard Is Making Them Stick.
- It’s Time to Cancel the Word Rigor